As the number of projects swells, the pool of credentialed talent is not keeping pace. In Asia alone — where entire cities are being built, seemingly overnight — a shortage of 6 million skilled project professionals is expected by 2013. Add to that the fact that, of the 20 million people participating in projects worldwide, just one million have professionally recognized formal training on how to best execute those projects. One thing becomes clear: The demand for skilled project managers is at a critically urgent level.
The CAPM® credential recognizes a demonstrated understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology as defined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) that are needed for effective project management performance.
CAPM Certification Training is based on an exam conducted by PMI which requires candidates to get 23 PDUs (professional development units) before applying for the exam.
Part I Project Management Foundation
Chapter 1 Preparing for the Exam
Chapter 2 Managing a Project
Chapter 3 Examining the Project Processes
PART II Project Management Professional Testing Areas
Chapter 4 Project Integration Management
Chapter 5 Managing the Project Scope
Chapter 6 Managing Project Time
Chapter 7 Managing Project Costs
Chapter 8 Managing Project Quality
Chapter 9 Managing Project Human Resources
Chapter 10 Managing Project Communications
Chapter 11 Managing Project Risks
Chapter 12 Managing Project Procurement
Chapter 13 Managing Project Stakeholder Management
Chapter 14 Understanding the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
Part III Appendices
Appendix A Project Management Documents
Appendix B Passing the CAPM Exam
From the course:
The globally recognized CAPM Certification provides tremendous benefits for those in the process of developing their careers and is an invaluable resource for professionals working to climb the career ladder in a wide variety of industries. It demonstrates to employers that you are able to take on managerial responsibility and become a leader in the workplace.
Among other things CAPM Certification will equip you with:
- Skills to initiate a project
- Project preparation and planning proficiency
- Executing, monitoring, controlling and completing a project
- Estimating activity costs
- Planning for quality at every stage
- Performing quality assurance
- Hiring, leading and managing a project team
- Foreseeing and planning for the unexpected
From the workshop:
- High-quality training videos to understand and apply CAPM Certification in real life.
- Live classroom training by experts with more than 10 years of diverse industry experience.
- 23 PDUs certificate on completion of training
- 1500 practice questions to prepare for the final examination
- Knowledge Area Questionnaire featuring 300 questions on the 10 Knowledge Areas
- CAPM Exam Application steps and procedure
- PMBOK soft copy to refer.
- Exam Tips and Techniques to clear CAPM Certification
- Webinars and Training Video
- CAPM Exam Test Drive Series (Video simulation of the PMP® Exam)
- Downloadable e-book (please carry laptop/tablet to refer during class)
- Complete CAPM®Application assistance (Assistance with PMI® Registration, PMI® Membership, & PMI® Application procedure)
- End-to-end support via phone, mail, and chat
Project managers looking forward to moving ahead in their career with a globally recognized credential should take the CAPM® Certification course. The course establishes one’s expert knowledge on all the knowledge areas, including integration management, cost management, time management, scope management, quality management, communications management, human resource management, risk management, and procurement management. Project managers and project aspirants across industries are ideal participants for CAPM® Certification.
Widely considered to be a gold standard among credentials, CAPM® course reflects an individual’s ability to successfully drive and manage a project from conception to completion.