Project Management Professional exam is of two types – computer based and paper based. Computer based is more popular as you get the result immediately as you finish the exam. Fee of computer based is a little higher but it’s worth the money spends as you need not to wait for weeks to get the result.
We are providing you the latest fee structure of the PMP exam in the below table which is applicable currently. You may want to verify the fee from pmi.org when you write the exam.
Fee for PMP Exam
· For PMI Member, The PMP® Exam Fee is US$405 for the computer based examination (CPT) and For non-members, the exam fee is US$555.
· The difference of US$150 is enough to pay for the first year of the PMI membership fee. It is always advisable to take membership as it has many benefits.
· PMI allows PMP® aspirants to take up to 3 PMP® Exams in the one-year eligibility period, and each exam retake (PMP® re-examination or re-exam) costs an additional PMP® Exam fee of US$275 (for PMI members) / US$375 (for non- PMI members).
· The PMP® Exam fee may see a hike in 2018 following the introduction of the new exam
· Language aids are a translation service offered by PMI for PMP® candidates whose mother tongue is not English. This service is offered for FREE.
· The translated question and answers will be displayed below the original English question and answers on the same page for computer based testing (CBT).
Language aids must be requested during:
· Online payment for the PMP® application; OR
· In the printed PMP® application form
Currently, PMI provides language aids for the PMP® Exam in the following languages:
· Brazilian Portuguese
· Chinese (Simplified)
· Chinese (Traditional)
You will be made aware of your PMP certification exam test result before you leave your test desk.
If you pass the exam, it will give you a congratulatory message and inform you that you will get your certificate within four to six weeks at the address you gave to PMI at the time of filling out the application form.
If you failed, you will see it there as well.
Once you pass the exam, you can start using the title “PMP” immediately, though you may receive your certificate four weeks later.
After passing the PMP exam, within one to two weeks you will receive an email from the PMI offering their congratulations and then you can see your name in the PMI certification registry. In addition, you can see your certificate status from your PMI account.
All the best for Exam!