Leading SAFe®4.6 Certification Training
Be the change agent and scale your Agile efforts at an enterprise level
- Get a certificate from the globally acclaimed Scaled Agile Inc
- Get trained by SAFe® Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs)
- Earn 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs in just 2 days
- Be prepared to scale Agile across multiple teams
- Be an effective team leader by learning to address challenges
Professionals Trained on SAFe
SAFe Workshops Every Month
Countries And Counting
Organizations Adopted SAFe
Why you should get a SAFe® Agilist Certificate?
Agile methods have been found to be applicable to a wide array of teams and organizations across the globe. However, with the rising complexity of team and project dynamics, the need for collaboration and scaling across teams and organizations has become prominent.
The Scaled Agile Framework has largely helped in bridging this gap and has facilitated collaboration across teams, complex systems, geographies and in any scenario where Agile alone has failed to create the needful impact.
SAFe®, essentially, is a complete methodology that enables complex organizations to carry out Agile transformation at an enterprise level. This fosters sustainable growth, fastest time-to-market, and a steep rise in team productivity.
Applying Lean/Agile principles and practices across all levels within an organization is the very first step towards an Agile transformation. The SAFe® framework synchronizes the alignment, collaboration, and delivery of multiple agile teams leading the way to enterprise success.
The Rising Demand for Leading SAFe® Certificate
The Leading SAFe® certificate has become the benchmark for Lean-Agile enterprises. It widens your scope in the industry both in terms of value and career opportunities. According to Forrester’s Q2 2015 Global Agile Software Application Development Online Survey-
“The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) is the most widely adopted enterprise Agile approach according to most survey data, with 33% using it”.
With more than 70% of US Fortune 100 companies actively employing SAFe®, it is clear that the demand for Leading SAFe is on a constant rise. Earning Leading SAFe® 4.6 certifications from a globally renowned accreditation body i.e. Scaled Agile gives you a major lead over your peers and places you at the helm of Agile transformation in enterprises.
A Leading SAFe® certificate will not just merit a salary raise in your present organization but also offers several other benefits as listed below-
- Apply SAFe® in an enterprise context
- Deliver more value
- Improve communication and collaboration across all projects
- Introduce Agile not just to your IT delivery teams but the whole organization.
- Lead transformation in Scrum teams
- Become a top-earning scrum professional
- Grab more career opportunities
- Keep up with the swift-changing market trends
The average salary of a Certified SAFe® Agilist (SA) is $98k per annum. This is chiefly based on skills, experience, organization and a few more factors. As more and more organizations are defaulting to Agile, there is an exponential rise in the number of jobs for Agile professionals who can scale Lean and Agile practices at different levels. In the present industry, therefore, SAFe® certified professionals have a major competitive advantage.
Get SAFe® certified and lead enterprise Agile transformation in your organization!
Process to become a certified SAFe® 4 Agilist
Steps to become a SAFe® Agilst
- It takes only 2 min to register on KnowledgeHut, a Silver training partner of Scaled Agile Inc.
- Take the 2-day Leading SAFe® 4.6 courses instructed by SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs).
- Scaled Agile will send you the exam information directly on successful completion of course.
- Click on the link received from Scaled Agile and take the 1.5hr online test which comprises of 45 MCQs.
- Score a minimum of 75% (34 out of 45) to pass the SAFe Agilist test.
- Scaled Academy will update your profile to disclose the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the certification every year.
What you will learn
1. Learn fundamentals
Learn how Lean, Agile, and Product Development Flow form the basics of Scaled Agile Framework®.
2. Effective scaling
Apply SAFe® values of a Lean-Agile mindset to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise.
3. Lean-Agile principles
Recognize and apply the Lean-Agile mindset and principles and become a Lean-thinking manager.
4. Maximize value
Integrate, deploy, and release value to support PI planning and events in Program execution.
5. Lean Portfolio
Empower with a Lean Portfolio by applying Lean-Agile principles to the roles & principles of SAFe®.
6. Five core competencies
Understand the five core competencies in SAFe® and coordinate the development of large solutions.
7. Leadership skills
Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills & create high-performing, purpose-bound Agile teams.
8. Lead transformation
Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise with the SAFe® Implementation Roadmap.
9. Lean Portfolio Management
Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management (LPM).
Any interested individual regardless of experience can attend this course. But, it is highly recommended that those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam should have:
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Prior working experience in Scrum
Who Can Attend SAFe® Training
- Executives and Leaders
- Managers, Directors, CIOs, & VPs
- Development, and QA
- Infrastructure Management personnel
- Program & Project Managers
- Product & Product Line Managers
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, & Solution Architects
Learn from the real-world experience of accredited industry experts and advance your knowledge with in-class activities and simulations.
ELITE PANEL OF SPCs
Interact with accredited SPCs who also have years of experience as active SAFe practitioners.
LEARN FROM PRACTITIONERS
Learn directly from active practitioners engaged in implementing SAFe principles in real projects.
GATEWAY TO SAFe COMMUNITIES
Get access to a wider community of active Scaled Agile experts and enhance your practical knowledge of SAFe.
CONTINUOUS LEARNING AND SUPPORT
Avail continuous support through monthly webinars, e-books, and conferences and keep pace with the latest industry updates.
Get Access to tutorials, articles, interview Q&A and case studies prepared by the industry experts with latest updates in the Agile industry.
WHY GLOBAL CORPORATES PREFER KNOWLEDGEHUT AS THEIR TRAINING PARTNER
KnowledgeHut is eager to be the Learning Partner to Corporates and collaborate to create Value for your Organization in building Talent for Tomorrow. Co-creating business value for our customers/ stakeholders is paramount criteria for every client engagement program for KnowledgeHut around the world. We aim to help build self-organizing and high-performing teams for our Clients through various workshops and at the same time building in-house leadership, talent, culture, and sustainable multiple practices and capabilities through our Training, Coaching and Consulting engagements to ensure continuous support for Scalability and Sustenance within the organization rather than creating dependency on us.
We believe our Enterprise Learning Solutions (ELS) are capable of delivering credible differentiators to our customers due to the following factors:
- Truly Global presence and training services delivered in over 60 Countries.
- We have Consultants, Trainers, and Coaches with experiences across multiple Domains – BFSI, Telecom, Retail, Automobiles, E-commerce, Energy & Utilities, Public Sector, etc.
- A one-stop Learning Partner with the widest range, of course, offerings (over 250+) for creating Future Ready Technology Talent in Organizations and supporting a complete Digital Talent Transformation.
- Multi-lingual trainers with the nearest shore local base locations for ease of reach and coordination.
- A complete Eco-system for Learning along with pre-post Courser preparation and support materials, E-learning’s, Video Archive, Question Banks, Assessments and many other learning aids.
- Multi-modal delivery system – Classroom, Live Virtual Classroom (LVC), E-learning’s, Customized Blended Learning, In-house LMS, etc.
- Going beyond training and certifications – capabilities for supporting a complete Transformation and Change journey for the Organization with our Consulting and Coaching and Staffing services.
Individuals Can Enroll In Groups To Avail Huge Discounts
By registering in groups, you can save up to 20% on the course fees. The discount you can avail will depend on your group size.
Scaled Agile Academy Career Path
Leading SAFe® Training and Certification FAQs
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) is a complete methodology for large-scale Agile project teams to carry out an Agile transformation seamlessly. It provides a guide to work at the Portfolio, Large Solution, Program, and Team levels. After implementing SAFe®, businesses are yielding the benefits that include:
- 10 – 50% happier, more motivated employees
- 30 – 75% faster time-to-market
- 20 – 50% increase in productivity
- 25 – 75% defect reduction
History of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
Since its inception in 2011, Scaled Agile, Inc. has come up with 5 major updates to its SAFe® framework that reflect the changing industry needs. The latest upgrade is version 4.6, which introduces the ‘Five Core Competencies’ of the Lean Enterprise. These competencies help SAFe® organizations in building a truly Lean enterprise, which is critical to achieving an advantage over your peers in an increasingly competitive age. Click here to know about Leading SAFe® 4.6 version.
SAFe® consists of different roles at 4 levels of the organization. The responsibilities of the Scaled Agile (SAFe®) roles are as follows.
The roles at this level synchronize and coordinate with the team level events. This helps Agile teams develop and deliver a value in the context of the Agile Release Train (ART). The team level roles include-
- Agile Team- A cross-functional team which includes Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Dev Team.
- Development Team- A cross-functional team which includes testers, developers, and other specialists, delivers a vertical slice of functionality.
- Product Owner- Responsible for prioritizing the blog and defining user stories.
- Scrum Master- An Agile Team coach and servant leader who helps the team to facilitate team events, removes impediments and fosters an environment for high-performing teams.
The roles at the Program level keep the team aligned to a project goal and support the ARTs with the necessary governance. The roles include-
- System Engineer- An individual that applies system thinking in the project
- Product Management- They are responsible for the program backlog and work with the customers and product owners to understand the requirements.
- Release Train Engineer- A chief Scrum Master and a servant leader who facilitates optimizing the flow of value using different mechanisms.
- Business Owner- A small group of the stakeholders who have the technical responsibility for ROI.
Large Solution Level:
The roles at the Large solution level coordinate multiple supplier and ARTs and provide the required governance. The roles include-
- Customer- The buyer of every solution.
- Solution Architect/Engineering- A small team or an individual that defines a common architectural and technical vision for the solution under development.
- Solution Management- Work with customers in order to understand their needs.
- Solution Train Engineer- A coach and servant leader who guides and facilitates the suppliers and ARTs.
- Supplier- An internal or external organization that builds and deliver the components, services, or subsystems.
The roles at the Portfolio level coordinate at the multiple stream level and provide the highest level of governance and accountability.
- Lean-Portfolio Management- Represents the individuals with the highest level of decision making and financial accountability.
- Epic Owners- Coordinate portfolio epics via the portfolio Kanban systems
- Enterprise Architect- Optimizes portfolio outcomes by providing the strategic technical direction.
Other supporting Roles:
- System team- Helps in creating and using the Agile development environment.
- Lean User Experience (Lean UX)- A process, culture, and mindset that embraces Lean-Agile methods.
- Lean-Agile Leaders- Responsible for the successful adoption of SAFe®.
Leading SAFe® Training
The following individuals will benefit from SAFe® Agilist course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management personnel
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
While there is no eligibility criterion for attending the workshop, participants who wish to take the SAFe® Agilist exam must have at least:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Our SAFe® instructors have a practical understanding of how the framework is implemented within complex organizations as they have hands-on experience working in enterprises that are actively implementing Scaled Agile Framework in their pursuit of business agility. They provide you an exceptional training experience by combining leading-edge industry expertise with proven educational training methods. You will hugely benefit from their professional expertise and industrial experience.
No, there is no such Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) online training provided. The SAFe® 4 Agilist Certification requires in-depth knowledge of the SAFe® framework which you get from our certified experts who lead the workshop.
SAFe® Agilist Exam
The Scaled Agile Framework certification exam is an online test comprising of 45 multiple choice questions. Candidates will have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam and must score a minimum of 34 questions right to pass the Leading SAFe® 4 exam and obtain your SAFe® Agilist certification.
The Leading SAFe® 4 exam is really tough and if you lack experience in SAFe® implementation or Scrum then it becomes very difficult to crack the exam. It is highly recommended to practice SAFe® Agilist certification exam sample questions to pass the exam on your first attempt. You can take mock tests for practice purposes that have the same level of difficulty.
Follow the steps below to access your course exam:
- You are required to attend a Leading SAFe® 4.6 course after which you will receive an e-mail containing your login credentials to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Log-in to your Community profile
- Click the Learning tab in the top navigation menu
- Go to the In Progress section
- Select the Learning Plan tile for your course
- Complete the feedback survey
- Scroll to the bottom of the plan to locate the exam, then click the blue Launch button
Candidates who have achieved 76% passing score (34/45) in the certification exam will receive the SAFe® Agilist Certification from Scaled Agile.
Scaled Agile allows you to take the test at no cost for the first attempt within 30 days of course completion. You will be charged a minimum of $50 for each retake or after completing your 30 days. The second attempt can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Follow the steps below to obtain your certificate on successful completion of your exam:
- Login and click on My Profile on the upper-right bar
- In the box at right headed My Profile, go to Manage Profile
- Scroll down to Content & Features and choose Professional Development
- Choose and click on the Certifications/Programs tab
- Click on the certificate icon to the left of “Certification Name”
- Once you have accessed your certificate, you can download and print it.
SAFe® Agilist Certification
A Certified SAFe® Agilist (SA) is a professional who has completed the Leading SAFe® certification and been successful in the Scaled Agile Framework certification test. By acquiring the SAFe® Agilist certification provided by Scaled Agile, you will be able to address the critical challenges of creating and delivering enterprise-level software and systems in the shortest time. It gives guidance for all levels of organizations that are actively involved in solution development: Portfolio, Program, Team, and Large Solutions.
Holding the SAFe® Agilist certification shows your proficiency in implementing lean thinking, SAFe® Framework, and Product development flow principles in an organizational context. Our two-day Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) training course gives you practical experience of applying Scaled Agile Framework in large enterprises which is delivered by a SAFe® Program Consultant, authorized by Scaled Agile Academy.
While it is easy to apply Lean/Agile principles at the team or department level, replicating these benefits at the enterprise level is often challenging due to the scale of the change. Organizations, therefore, rely on the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) that helps seamlessly carry out large-scale, multi-team transformations. SAFe® 4 Agilists are in much demand for their expertise in leading this change through carefully thought of program releases and identifying roles and structures required to scale Agile to the program level.
Scaled Agile, Inc, is the provider of SAFe® which is one of the best-known frameworks for enterprise agility. SAFe® was initially released in 2011 by Dean Leffingwell as a knowledge base for enterprises to adopt Agile. It is the leading provider of SAFe® courses for implementing Agile practices at enterprise level. The SAFe® Agilist (SA) Certification is given to those who have undertaken the SAFe® 4 Agilist Certification Exam and received the passing score.
The average salary of Scaled Agile Certified SAFe® Agilist (SA) certified professional is $100k per year.
The Scaled Agile Framework certification cost is included in the SAFe® Agilist course fee.
Step 1: Register for a 2-day course
Attend 14-16 hours of training delivered by an authorized training partner.
Step 2: Get access to the exam
- On successful completion of 2 days of training, you will be receiving the exam information directly from scaled agile.
- Log in and you are ready to take the exam.
Step 3: Take the exam
- 1.5-hour online test
- 45 MCQs
- Closed-book exam
Step 4: Pass the exam
Score a minimum of 76% (34 out of 45) to pass the SAFe®️ Agilist test
Step 5: Get SAFe®️ Agilist Certification
Scaled Agile Academy will dispatch your certificate within 5-7 business days with a 1-year membership after passing the exam.
Ready to take up the certification? Click here
SAFe® Agilist certification renewal needs to be done every 1 year. You need to pay $100 to extend the credential for a further 1 year from the date of your current expiration.
PDUs & SEUs
SEUs are Scrum Educational Units, issued by the Scrum Alliance. They can be earned by completing educational training or learning opportunities, which serve to validate your participation and continued proficiency in the principles and practices of Scrum. To maintain your certification from Scrum Alliance, you are required to earn a certain number of SEUs every two years.
PDUs and SEUs are credits awarded by the Project Management Institute and Scrum Alliance respectively. They recognize your dedication to the Project Management and the Agile world through the award of credits for every educational effort you make throughout your career. Scrum Alliance members who hold a credential from Scrum Alliance need to earn SEUs to get recertified every two years. Every PMI® certification, except the CAPM®, requires you to earn a specific number of PDUs per three-year certification cycle.
Yes, you will get 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® for PMP® and PMI-ACP® certifications.