Training in financial risk management is available from a number of schools in the form of post-baccalaureate certificate programs and master’s degree programs. With coursework in areas such as risk management economics and corporate finance, both educational programs cover essentially the same topics.
Programs in financial risk management are aimed at working professionals in the financial industry, although some schools have separate programs at basic and advanced levels to accommodate new entrants to the field. Program content covers basic measurement of risk, management concepts, fundamentals of financial market operations, and the regulatory
environment. Students learn to calculate fair valuations for a range of investment instruments
and make projections about their likely performance.
The curriculum comprises of the topic areas below, and there are two exams (parts) that test the academic portion for the FRM® program. Both parts have a strong emphasis on Quants, while the material differences among the exams are:
Foundations of Risk Management
Financial Markets and Products
Valuation and Risk Models
Market Risk Measurement and Management
Credit Risk Measurement and management
Operational and Integrated Risk Management
Risk Management and investment Management
Current Issues in Financial Markets
From the course:
At the end of the course, Participants will be able to:
• Plan for potential risks which will help in the creation of a financial business strategy that seeks a constant upward trend.
• Determine How to choose to legally create your business can have a large affect on personal liability for your company’s debts. And many more.
Other Benefits are:
• Lucrative career options in Risk Management, Trading, Structuring, Modeling, etc. FRM® holders have positions such as Chief Risk Officer, Senior Risk Analyst, Head of Operational Risk, and Director, Investment Risk Management, to name a few.
• Strong value addition to your skills, credentials and resume.
• Complete coverage of risk management concepts.
This program is suitable for Bankers, IT professionals, Analytics and Finance professionals with an interest in risk management. It is also beneficial for B.tech, MBA, Finance graduates who are interested in financial risk management careers.
This qualification is particularly relevant to those working in:
• Banks – retail and wholesale
• Insurance – life, general, international and brokers
• Regulators and credit rating agencies
• Hedge funds and asset management
• Actuarial, legal and accounting practices
• Aspiring chief risk officers in the financial services sector
• Risk generalists who need to quickly adapt to a financial services environment
On successful completion of the course and course requisites, candidate will receive Financial Risk Management certification.