If you are looking for a job right away, six sigma always helps you if you can offer something apart from the crowd to your prospective employer. The fact today is, most employers are looking for problem solvers. Most businesses today are suffering from problems that are repetitive in nature. Everyday, bosses are fire fighting and solving the same problems. The reason is, people at junior levels don’t know how to solve problems. What you should learn in a GB training is the methodology of solving problems. Once you know that method, no problem is difficult for you and everyone would love to have you in your team.
Six Sigma application for Electrical Engineers
Since electronics involve manufacturing at large levels so it is better to employ strategies that involve minimal wastages and result into least amount of re-work. With Six Sigma’s methodologies of carefully structuring the problems into modules and analyzing the tasks, it becomes easy to perform. Direct proportionality relation of Six Sigma with customer satisfaction often leads to products which achieve just not the desired quality levels but rather sustain in the market for long. And with a good reputation in the market, things usually fall in place even in the adverse times.
One more aspect which is important in the domain of electronics and communication is cause and effect relation. With Six Sigma value mapping and process modeling techniques, the added advantage is that accuracy is achieved in both the software and hardware models. Production happens with reduced cost and this acts as a cherry on the cake.
Below are top 11 benefits of Six Sigma in Electrical Engineering
- Six Sigma approach broadly defines how to accommodate power and the physical environment
- It Uses very simple data analysis that make it easy to understand manufacturing defects in electrical items
- It helps in generating interface between the electromagnetic device and the desired output.
- It helps in defining instrumentation design, description and specification including customer feedback on the most commonly encountered problems.
- Provides methods and techniques for testing and evaluating designs.
- It helps in Dealing with questions of electromagnets and its relation to equipment.
- It Covers correlation between electrical design and desirable output.
- It simplifies complex solutions and clarify difficulty levels.
- Solving Interference Problems in Electronics
- Engineers certified with Six Sigma bring cost effective shows across operations to improve quality under limited resources
- Lean six sigma work in Electrical Energy Distribution Service
Since Electrical engineering is all about patching, mixing with cause and effect relation between nut and bolts, software’s and hardware’s, The Six Sigma really helps budding professional of the industry in Developing in leadership and team-building skills necessary to oversee continuous improvement projects. All in All with Six Sigma the Career for electronic engineering graduates could be transformed from automotive to utilities.
The technicians, students, managers and engineers certified in Six Sigma are extremely benefited in the sense that it helps them to break down a task in the much-simplified form thus reducing re-work and wastages. It is believed that electrical engineers are the best benefitted from Six Sigma training as they learn to cope up with complex devices in this competitive high-tech arena.
Often it has been observed a mismatch in customers desire and reality in electrical items because of its end result, re-arrangements and various other factors like mass defects and competitiveness in the saleable price. Six Sigma helps eliminate all these with production process efficiency to increase stability as per customer feedback, it also improves electrical efficiency and helps find and manage bottlenecks in the organization.
More and More Electrical engineers are deploying Six Sigma methodology after certification as it lays down simplified procedures in tracing issues and is beneficial in maintaining cause and effect relation among software’s and hardware’s during manufacturing thus increasing production with reduced cost.
Potential Salary for some Engineer Profiles with Six sigma certification:
Since they are found in a wide variety of occupations and industries, salaries for Six Sigma Green Belts will vary broadly. According to data published in July 2012 by national salary survey website PayScale.com, the median annual salaries for various Six Sigma Green Belts in the United States were:
Process Engineer $68,842
Industrial Engineer $59,410
Manufacturing Process Engineer $69,996
Quality Assurance Engineer $66,157
Process Improvement Engineer $66,466
Manufacturing Engineer $62,501