The traditional ways of software development are getting replaced with new ones which will cater to the increasing demands of market and that which would cater well to the needs of the users and customers. One of such new model which has become very popular and well suited to this new paradigm is Agile model.
This course in Agile with Scrum introduces participants to agile methodology and the Scrum framework. Ken Schwaber, along with Jeff Sutherland, was the original creator of Scrum. This courseware is based on the framework and theories of Ken Schwaber’s work on successfully implementing complex and partially defined software development projects.
Participants are given an overview of the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects. The course itself uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants through a combination of expert instruction and classroom trainings..
At the end of the training the participants will have the understanding to implement Scrum at their own organization and support teams in improving their processes.
1.Overview of Agile Methods and Definition of Scrum
2. History and Introduction to Scrum
- Early Work
- Current Success Stories
3. Agile Testing Matrix/Quadrants
- Process Dynamics, Modeling, and Control
- Empirical Process Control
- Agile Principles
4. Scrum Process Flow/Test Positioning in Scrum
5. Role of testers and test managers in Agile
- Product Owner
6. Scrum Artefacts, planning, strategy
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Backlog
- Increment of Product Functionality
7. Test Automation in Agile
8. Defect/Bug management in Agile
9. Tools and Test reporting in Agile
10. Challenges in Agile
From the course:
- Get to know about traditional models and the need for Agile model to meet the needs of software development in the current competitive software market.
- The course will give a good grounding in Agile and one of the methodologies of implementing it, that is, Scrum.
- You will get to know about Scrum framework, Scrum Team, Product backlog, Sprint backlog, Sprint planning, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective, User story, story points, burndown charts and much more.
- As a tester or test manager you will get to know what it will mean for you to be in the Agile team and how you should prepare yourself. In fact, this course will prepare you for that.
- It is important to understand the role of testing in Agile and you will as tester get a complete picture about that and get trained to be effective in an Agile team.
- For experienced testers who are not in Agile model you will learn completely about testing in Agile and will be well prepared to move in such teams with ease and confidence.
- For experienced testers who are already in Agile but never had a formal training about Agile and testing in Agile, this course will train you and make you well prepared to be an effective Agile team member. It will also help you correct the wrong implementation of Agile if happening, in your team. Well, one way will be to have the whole team do this course.
- For Freshers, since the world of software development has moved on to Agile, hence, it is important that you be prepared for it. This course will prepare you for that and move you an edge above the others who are still not trained in it.
- There tools which are specifically targeted for Agile teams. Get to know about tools used for scrum management, TDD (test driven development), BDD (behaviour driven development) and automations frameworks.
- Go ahead, be proactive and take the next leap for your professional development and better career growth, and register for the course.
From the workshop:
- 3 days of comprehensive classroom training to imbibe the concept of Agile Project management
- Learn the principles and philosophy behind the Agile Methods
- Dummy projects by trainers to understand the working of projects
- Experienced and expert trainers to help you throughout the program, and also to help in career enhancement
- Downloadable e-book
- Industry based case studies
- High quality webinars and videos for in dept understanding of methods
- High quality training from an experienced trainer
This course is recommended for anybody interested in project management and Agile Project Management.
An indicative list of participants in our Agile Management program could include:
- Project Managers
- Product Owners
- Managers-Software development
- Architects-Software development
- Product Managers
- Software developers
- Software coders
- Software testers
- Team Leads or Team Members who are interested in learning more about Scrum and leading Agile projects.
On successful completion of the course and course requisites, candidate will receive Agile with Scrum certification.