Total Quality Management Certification, Important of Total Quality Management- The term “Quality” generally refers to the parameter which helps us to judge the standard of a product or service. When we listen to the term quality, we think the product to be superior. We guess the product to be upright and beyond what we expect from it.
The notion of Total Quality Management was industrialized by W. Edwards Deming (a management consultant), Armand V. Feigenbaum and Joseph M. Juran. Initially, the term was being used in the manufacturing industry only. The framework of the concept was that every member of the organization would work towards the same goals. The corresponding goals are improving services, processes, improving work culture, etc. – which safeguards the growth of the company. TQM aims towards the longstanding success of an organization and carrying higher customer satisfaction.
WHAT IS Total Quality Management (TQM)?
The process of TQM is a customer-centric methodology, which believes in incessant improvement. The process focuses that every step taken must be toward the same goal. The process detects and eliminates errors from manufacturing. Total quality management holds every individual at the same place and trusts that everyone involved in the process must be responsible for the overall quality.
The work culture of TQM is very much similar to the Six Sigma Concept, though both are not the same. The process relies on the matter of fixing internal guidelines and the standard of the process while six sigma focuses upon detecting defects.
IMPORTANCE OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT:
Total quality management augments the company or product credit in many ways. In the first place, it pledges the quality of product and service of the organization. The presentation, robustness and the recognition of the company’s products get standardized. A standard and quality product is trailed by great customer satisfaction and customer retention. If a company delivers quality products or services, the customers are more tend to come back. The more focused a company becomes about customer retention, the profitability graph ensures higher revenues. And finally, the importance of TQM is that it aids an organization to work upon their waste management and growing productivity and efficacy.
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES:
The principles of Total Quality Management are:
Engendering Management Commitments:
- Training and Developing
- Acknowledgement and gauging
- Methodical measurement
- Cross-Functional Process coordination
- Improving standard
- Reliable partnership with individuals
- Good internal relationship
- The standard which is customer-driven
- Unbeatable quality
- 8 Key Principles of Quality Management
- 10 Ways Six Sigma Can Transform your Business
- Benefits of Six Sigma Training and Certification
- Benefits of Six Sigma Process Improvement Methodology
- How long does it take to get Six Sigma Certified?
ELEMENTS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT:
Well-Executed total quality management is dependent upon multiple influences. In one hand the fruitful use of TQM requires the involvement of every individual. The result of the TQM process leads to incremental changes in an organization. The essentials that work for the process are:
- COMMITMENT: Every person of an organization must be liable to the outcome of the process. Taken from the top management to the bottom level of a company, every employee must be trained with the process. The attitude of accepting the changing environment must be induced in the internal management.
- CULTURE: The culture of delivering quality and the attitude of being accountable is the necessary factor to implement a successful TQM process.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: The quality standard of an organization must not be stagnant. Improvement must be a daily process and work through an organization. The term “Improvement” must be taken as a process and not a goal.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: The TQM process is customer-oriented and it counts the satisfaction level of the internal and external customer of the organization to be the parameter of judging the effectiveness of the process.
- CONTROL: The monitoring of the implemented process and detecting the flaws and means of improvement in the process.
BENEFITS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT:
The key benefits of Total Quality Management in an organization who implement the process are:
- Making sense of quality standard in every individual involved with the organization. It creates an atmosphere of awareness of quality.
- Achieved prominence on teamwork
- Leading towards the commitment of continuous improvement.
Total quality management works as predictable where there is immense backing that increases the ability of the process. A supportive environment is proven to be the best fuel to implement a successful TQM process for any organization. Apart from applying TQM in an organization, there is always a room of TQM application in individuals.