All businesses have a common goal of achieving the sustainable growth rate as per planning and available resources. But many of these fail to meet the expected growth rate, despite offering the premium quality at a competitive price. The emergence of new players in volatile and competitive global market makes the challenges more complex. Guided implementation of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies in the manufacturing and transactional processes eliminates the causes of poor product quality, variations in processes and low profitability. The Lean Six Sigma certified experts help the businesses to move on the structured roadmap of sustainable success pattern.
What is Six Sigma?
“Six Sigma” refers to the effectiveness of the processes for the output, ensuring defined specifications and high degree precision. Six Sigma, data-driven process improvement methodology was introduced by Bill Smith & Mikel J Harry in 1986. The data-driven rather than guesswork approach for introducing improvement programs makes Six Sigma more reliable and effective. The statistical Six Sigma representation describes the process performance quantitatively. Six Sigma methodology has been effective in a myriad of different sized industries to improve the customers’ satisfaction in parallel to cost reduction.
The growth of Six Sigma methodology is inspired by the preceding period of inventing and implementing quality improvement techniques such as TQM, Zero Defects etc. In general, the processes powered with six sigma methodology ensures the defect levels below 3.4 DPMO (defects per million opportunities); while the defect is considered as the non-conformity of product/service to the defined specifications.
Six Sigma Powered With Lean:
Lean is the structured process management approach developed for maximizing flow and eliminating waste. The Lean organization understands and implements the Lean practices seamlessly across the functional and operational areas. The organizations striving for extreme perfection in the competitive global marketing environment have accepted Lean deployment as a tool to face the challenges pertaining to production cost reduction and faster delivery. Combining the time-tested powers of Lean and Six Sigmaworks wonders for the businesses by delivering exceptional financial gains.
Why Do Businesses Need Lean Six Sigma Experts?
Businesses use Lean Six Sigma methodologies to reduce the variations in products & processes, but the commonly experienced benefits of Six Sigma introduction are – shorter cycle time, fewer defects, increased delivering capacity, lower costs because of reduced waste, improved revenues, reduced capital expenditure etc. In addition, the successful Lean Six Sigma deployment develops the culture among the employees and associated stakeholders to apply the innovative data-driven problem-solving approach. The systematic and pervasive deployment of Six Sigma helps organizations to reduce COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) also.
The increasing demand for Lean Six Sigma certified professionals confirms the benefits experienced by the businesses directly or indirectly. The more in common experiencedunexpected benefits of Lean Six Sigmadeployment include:
- Better Time Management
- Reduced Cycle Time
- Waste Reduction
- Smoother Operation
- Improved Customers’ Loyalty
- Strategic Planning For Long Term Benefits
- Enhanced Employee Motivation
- More Effective Supply Chain Management ….
Lean Six Sigma Training at Different Levels:
Leading management consultancy institutes and companies provide instructor-led Six Sigma certification training through classroom and virtual modules. Six Sigma training is provided at different levels to facilitate even the beginners:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification: It is an advanced level Lean Six Sigma certification course.Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification provide guidance on the application of Six Sigma principles to specific process improvement projects.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt professionals are supposed to help the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt professionals for successful implementation of lean and Six Sigma methodologies for quality improvement and better profitability.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification: It is the basic level certification designed for the management professionals willing to add new dimensions to their competence. The successful completion of Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification makes them eligible to work and learn in association with Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt holders.